I work in the research group Differential Geometry and Mechanics of Ghent University and I teach at the Faculty of Applied Economics of the University of Antwerp.
I am a member of the IRSES Network `Geometric Mechanics', within FP7 (European Union) and of the Geometry, Mechanics and Control Network.
Updates and News:
- My three latest papers are:
- M. Farré Puiggalí and T. Mestdag, The inverse problem of the calculus of variations and the stabilization of controlled
- E. García-Toraño Andrés, T. Mestdag and H. Yoshimura, Implicit Lagrange-Routh Equations and Dirac Reduction.
Journal of Geometry and Physics 104 (2016) 291-304. [arXiv] [doi]
- T. Mestdag, Finsler geodesics of Lagrangian systems through Routh reduction.
Mediterranean Journal of Mathematics 13 (2016) 825-839. [arXiv] [doi]
- M. Farré Puiggalí and T. Mestdag, The inverse problem of the calculus of variations and the stabilization of controlled Lagrangian systems.