I work in the research group Differential Geometry and Mechanics at Ghent University.
I am a member of the IRSES Network `Geometric Mechanics', within FP7 (European Union) and of the Geometry, Mechanics and Control Network.
Updates and News:
- I will give a mini-course on the 9th IYR Workshop on Geometry, Mechanics and Control in Zaragoza (Spain), Jan 19-21, 2015.
- I have been awarded a Certificate of Excellence in Reviewing by the Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications.
- My two latest papers are:
- E. García-Toraño Andrés, E. Guzmán, J.C. Marrero and T. Mestdag,
Reduced dynamics and Lagrangian submanifolds of symplectic manifolds.
J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 47 (2014) 225203. [arXiv] [doi]
- M. Crampin and T. Mestdag, A class of Finsler surfaces whose geodesics are circles.
Publ Math. (Debrecen) 84 (1-2) (2014), 3-16. [arXiv] [journal]
- E. García-Toraño Andrés, E. Guzmán, J.C. Marrero and T. Mestdag, Reduced dynamics and Lagrangian submanifolds of symplectic manifolds.